Worship—Grow—Serve: How is your balance and rhythm as a disciple of Christ? Invite Culture “No Perfect People Allowed”
Did you invite someone to worship, growth group, or a service opportunity?
5×5 Nuggets (5 NT chapters each week; 5 minutes per day)
Were there any insights gained that you would like to share with the group?
Week of December 1, 2019 Revelation 3-7 Week of December 8, 2019 Revelation 8-12 Week of December 15, 2019 Revelation 13-17
At what stage in life were you “rebellious”? What memory (painful or humorous) is associated with those times of conflict?
Read 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
- What must have been happening in Thessalonica to lead Paul to write this?
- How much time was Paul able to spend with the Thessalonians (see Acts 17:2)?How would this affect their willingness to believe rumors about Christ’s return (v. 2)?
- Whom do you think is the restrainer of this lawless one (vv. 6-7)? How do you thinkthis “restraining order” is enforced?
- What is God’s ultimate purpose in allowing the “man of lawlessness” to deceivepeople? What signs mark his appearing?
- How will those who refuse Christ respond to this “man”? How does the “powerfuldelusion” sent by God differ from eh deceptive evil of this “man” (vv. 10-12)?
- How and why will God save His people (vv. 13-14)? In response to God’s initiativeand Paul’s ministry, what are the people to do?