Worship—Grow—Serve: How is your balance and rhythm as a disciple of Christ? Invite Culture “No Perfect People Allowed”
Did you invite someone to worship, growth group, or a service opportunity?
5×5 Nuggets (5 NT chapters each week; 5 minutes per day)
Were there any insights gained that you would like to share with the group?
Week of December 1, 2019 Revelation 3-7 Week of December 8, 2019 Revelation 8-12 Week of December 15, 2019 Revelation 13-17
At what stage in life were you “rebellious”? What memory (painful or humorous) is associated with those times of conflict?
Read 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
- What must have been happening in Thessalonica to lead Paul to write this?
- How much time was Paul able to spend with the Thessalonians (see Acts 17:2)?How would this affect their willingness to believe rumors about Christ’s return (v. 2)?
- Whom do you think is the restrainer of this lawless one (vv. 6-7)? How do you thinkthis “restraining order” is enforced?
- What is God’s ultimate purpose in allowing the “man of lawlessness” to deceivepeople? What signs mark his appearing?
- How will those who refuse Christ respond to this “man”? How does the “powerfuldelusion” sent by God differ from eh deceptive evil of this “man” (vv. 10-12)?
- How and why will God save His people (vv. 13-14)? In response to God’s initiativeand Paul’s ministry, what are the people to do?
How does this passage on Christ’s Second Coming, and what will precede it, make you feel? Afraid? Relived? Rather not think about it? Why? How do you think Paul would have wanted you to feel?
What encouragement do verses 13-14 give you as you face and times? Where do you need encouragement and strength from God now?
Put this prayer (vv. 16-17) in your own words and pray it for one another this week.