Worship—Grow—Serve: How is your balance and rhythm as a disciple of Christ? Invite Culture “No Perfect People Allowed”
Did you invite someone to worship, growth group, or a service opportunity?
5×5 Nuggets (5 NT chapters each week; 5 minutes per day)
Were there any insights gained that you would like to share with the group? Week of November 24, 2019 2 Peter 2-3; Jude 1; Revelation 1-2
Week of December 1, 2019 Revelation 3-7
Week of December 8, 2019 Revelation 8-12
What did your parents do right in raising you? What rewards and punishments worked best?
Read 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12
- What has happened since Paul wrote 1 Thessalonians (v. 4)? How has persecution
affected this church?
- What is the evidence that they are “worthy” of God’s kingdom (v. 5)?
- Who is on trial here? Who is on the witness stand? In the judge’s chambers?
- Why is God waiting until the Second Coming to punish these persecutors? Who
benefits from this delayed justice? How so?
- What quality do you think Paul admires most in these Christians?
- What do you see as the net effect of Paul’s thanksgiving and prayer?
- How will you exercise faith and love this week in a specific way or relationship?
- Which of your current struggles are a result of being a Christian?
- How do you feel about the punishment mentioned in verses 8-9? How might you
feel if you were being severely oppressed?
- Pray Paul’s prayer (vv. 11-12) in your own words for one another this week.