Is Heaven our default destination…or is it Hell?
Week of May 5, 2019
If you could visit anyone in heaven or hell, whom would you choose to visit? Why?
Read Luke 16:19-31
- Does this parable teach that rich people go to hell while the poor go to heaven? Why or why not?
- What is the determining factor for entry to heaven? Why do you think Jesus used a poor man to illustrate this factor and a rich man to represent those qualities that prevent one from entering heaven?
- According to this passage, how important are earthly luxuries? Why? What is important for our earthly life? Why?
- What does verse 31 show us about human nature? Why do you think it is so difficult for man to be convinced of God’s ways?
1. In what way are you like the rich man’s brothers? How does this affect your faith in God? How were you convinced of God’s ways?
2. On a scale of one to ten, with one representing the rich man and ten Lazarus, where do you stand? Why do you place yourself here? What will you do this week to move closer to ten?