Worship—Grow—Serve: How is your balance and rhythm as a disciple of Christ?
5×5 Readings (5 NT chapters each week; 5 minutes per day)
Week of January 5, 2020 Mark 4-8 Week of January 12, 2020 Mark 9-13
If in a crisis at 3 a.m., which four friends would you call?
Read Luke 2:41-52
- What would you be seeing and feeling if you were in this crowd (vv. 1-4)?
- Why are the teachers so upset? In their minds, how are sin and the authority of God linked (see John 9:1-3)?
- Why didn’t Jesus just heal the man like everyone expected? What new insight about the kingdom and Himself is He revealing?
- In what ways is sin like paralysis? What freedoms has Jesus’ word of forgiveness given to you? Where do you need to hear that word again?
- In this story, do you identify more with the paralytic, his friends or the teachers? Why?