Worship—Grow—Serve: How is your balance and rhythm as a disciple of Christ? Invite Culture “No Perfect People Allowed”
Did you invite someone to worship, growth group, or a service opportunity?
5×5 Nuggets (5 NT chapters each week; 5 minutes per day)
Were there any insights gained that you would like to share with the group? Week of October 20, 2019 John 6-10
Week of October 27, 2019 John 11-15
Week of November 3, 2019 John 16-20
Read Mark 1:29-39
- As a child, were you sickly or robust?
- What is your solitary place?
- How does Jesus’ healing (vv. 30-31) compare with his exorcism (v. 25)? What new realm of authority is seen here?
- how do you picture the scene in verses 32-34? What does he silence the demons?
- After a day like this (vv. 29-34), what pressures could Jesus feel as a new day
dawns? What might he pray about? How might this relate to his decision to move on (v. 38)?
- What do you do when you need to get away and be with God?
- What insight do you see in these stories about Jesus and the kingdom?