Worship—Grow—Serve: How is your balance and rhythm as a disciple of Christ? Invite Culture “No Perfect People Allowed”
Did you invite someone to worship, growth group, or a service opportunity?
5×5 Nuggets (5 NT chapters each week; 5 minutes per day)
Were there any insights gained that you would like to share with the group? Week of October 6, 2019 1 Peter 1-5
Week of October 13, 2019 John 1-5
Week of October 20, 2019 John 6-10
- When you were a child, what was your favorite time of the day? Day of the Week? Time of the year? Why were these favorites?
- How have your favorite times changed as you have become an adult?
Read Matthew 24:26-51
- In what ways is the Flood like the Second Coming of Christ?
- What are the practical implications of not knowing when Jesus will return? What does it mean to be ready for Jesus’ return if we do not know when he will come?
- What does the story of the two servants teach you about the Second Coming? About the kingdom?
- What is one thing you can say for certain about the day and the hour of the Second Coming of Christ?
Specifically, how are you preparing for the Second Coming? How has the rhythm of Worship-Grow-Serve helped you to prepare? How have the 5×5 Readings helped you to Worship-Grow-Serve?
How would you explain the end times and the Second Coming to a searching person?
Over what has God given you stewardship? If Jesus came back in the next ten minutes, how do you think he would feel about how you had managed his resources?