Believers can celebrate God’s restoring forgiveness.
- What do you enjoy about witnessing a reunion?
- Why should people celebrate reconciliation between people who have been at oddswith each other?
READ Luke 15:20-24
- How does the attitude of the younger son portray the way we are to approach God?
- What attitudes are seen in the younger son that should be demonstrated by us as well?
- What characteristics and actions are seen in the father that mirror how God responds when a person comes to Him in repentance?
Like the father in the parable, God extends open-armed forgiveness when we turn to Him in repentance.
READ Luke 15:25-30
- What are some things believers might give up or lose as new people become followers of Christ?
- How might the attitude of the older son be expressed by believers today?
- Why might a believer question the repentance of some people and the grace God extends them?
- How does jealousy steal our joy?
- How can we encourage each other away from jealousy and toward embracing rejoicing?
READ Luke 15:31-32
- How was the father helping the older brother move from jealousy to celebration through the words he used?
- What is the value of celebrating the salvation of a new believer to that new believer?
- To the maturing believer?
- How has our discussion today influence your attitude toward reaching out to a particular person with the good news of God’s forgiveness through Jesus?